Acquisitions are made according to priorities agreed by KANAL’s team, the Acquisition Committee and the Board. All works of art proposed for acquisition are considered through the same procedures. Proposals are discussed and assessed internally by the artistic team. Their recommendations are considered once a year by the Acquisition Committee, consisting of external experts nominated by the KANAL Board, which meets on a yearly basis to make final assessments. All decisions require the approval of the Board of KANAL.
- Yves Goldstein, Chief of mission
- Kasia Redzisz, Artistic director
- Jennifer Beauloye, Collections, Archives, Library and Research Manager
For the Centre Pompidou:
- Xavier Rey, Director of the National Museum of Modern Art
External members (in alphabetical order):
- Paul Ardenne, Art historian
- Dr Bambi Ceuppens, Senior Researcher, Royal Museum for Central Africa
- Frédéric De Goldschmidt, Art collector
- Marie Du Chastel, Curator, KIKK Festival
- Denis Gielen, Director, The Wallonia-Brussels Federation Museum of Contemporary Arts (MACS)
- Philip Van Den Bossche, Curator
EXTERNAL ACQUISITION PROPOSALS
External acquisition proposals, including practical details about the work along with any supporting images or documents, should be sent by email to: . Only proposals submitted via the form will be accepted (to be returned by email in .docx only).
- Please indicate ‘Acquisition proposal’ in the subject line of your email.
The next deadline for submissions is 14 April 2023.
Submissions will be reviewed by KANAL’s curatorial team according to the criteria listed below. We will endeavour to respond to proposals within three months and are grateful for your patience while we consider them.