Acquisitions are made according to priorities agreed by KANAL’s team, the Acquisition Committee and the Board. All works of art proposed for acquisition are considered through the same procedures. Proposals are discussed and assessed internally by the artistic team. Their recommendations are considered once a year by the Acquisition Committee, consisting of external experts nominated by the KANAL Board, which meets on a yearly basis to make final assessments. All decisions require the approval of the Board of KANAL.
- Yves Goldstein, Chief of mission
- Kasia Redzisz, Artistic director
- Jennifer Beauloye, Collections, Archives, Library and Research Manager
For the Centre Pompidou:
- Xavier Rey, Director of the National Museum of Modern Art
External members (in alphabetical order):
- Daniel Blanga-Gubbay, artistic co-director Kunstenfestivaldesarts
- Diana Campbell, chief curator Dhaka Art Summit, founding artistic director Samdani Art Foundation
- Karima Boudou, Curator at S.M.A.K. in Ghent
- Ayoko Mensah, Curator at House of European History
- Lucy Pereira, Brussels-based art collector
- Raphaël Pirenne, Doctor in art history and professor at the ERG and La Cambre
- Maria Inès Rodriguez, Director of the Walter and Nicole Leblanc Foundation and assistant curator of the Museu de Arte de São Paulo
- Pierre-Olivier Rollin, Director BPS22 in Charleroi
EXTERNAL ACQUISITION PROPOSALS
External acquisition proposals, including practical details about the work along with any supporting images or documents, should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only proposals submitted via the form will be accepted (to be returned by email in .docx only).
- Please indicate ‘Acquisition proposal’ in the subject line of your email.
Submissions will be reviewed by KANAL’s curatorial team according to the criteria listed below. We will endeavour to respond to proposals within three months and are grateful for your patience while we consider them.
Jennifer Beauloye, Collections, Library, Archives & Research Manager